ENTRY INTO SIXTH Form
1. The educational/vocational needs of the pupilseeking entry to post GCSE provision will be the fundamental consideration inthe process of assessing suitability to enrol subject to the following:
(a) a pupil will be considered for enrolmentprovided the school does not exceed its
enrolmentnumber as determined by DENI.
(b) apupil may be accepted into the school provided this would not prejudice theefficient
i. useof the school’s resources.
ii. provision of education in theschool.
(c) academicachievement - the applicant should have obtained a minimum of four GCSE’s at A* - C and more normally a minimumpoints score of 36, where grades A, B andC are worth 10, 8 and 6 respectively.
(d) levelof industry must demonstrate a potential to benefit from a post GCSE course of study – this will be assessed by referenceto monthly test performance, Key Stage 4 reportsand attendance records.
(e) approachto schoolwork, peers and staff - this will be assessed by reference to school records.
2. Apupil who intends to take a combination of A level and/or other courses will berequired to have commensurate levels of attainment that demonstrate theirpotential to cope
successfullywith the proposed course.
3. A pupil proposing to transfer from anotherschool would be expected to meet the above criteria.
Allapplications for admission to the school should be made on NEELB form AP1 and
submittedto the school office.
In the Event of Over-Subscription
Preference will be given to those:
(1) Who have a sibling or former familyrelationship with the school.
(2) To those living in closestproximity to the school.
(3) Childrenresident in N. Ireland at the time of their proposed
admissionwill be selected before any child not so resident.